CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gift Cards


I love love love gift cards! I love to get them; they just make me so happy! Believe it or not, I even had a dream once that I went to my mailbox and every envelope I opened had a gift card inside- crazy right! When I go into a store with my gift card in hand, somehow I feel that I can buy anything I want in that store. Standing in line at Starbucks I will look over the menu to see if I will get a drink I have never tried no matter the cost because “I” have a gift card, as I get to the counter I end up ordering the same thing as always a Grande drip. Once, I received a gift card to Home Goods for $100.00, entering the store I started to look at things I normally wouldn’t like a large red vase, and shiny new pots & pans, fancy drawer liners. You know it ended up I had the hardest time using that money I had waaay to many choices. Maybe it is silly but somehow the word “budget” seems to leave my mind, I will look at things I normally wouldn’t and I typically end up getting something on sale. I guess so I can say I bought so much more with that "gift card". Cheep date right! Some people think that giving a gift card is not personal but to me it is just fun! Have you seen some of them they have cute pictures on them for whatever occasion birthday, wedding holidays from the normal credit card size to the pop-out book kind with music. Target actually has one that is a viewfinder and you can add a personal message. Really, it doesn’t matter what store they are from or the amount all I know is that they are a “Gift”. My heart always reminds me of the perfect gift, Jesus. In addition, He has also given us a gift card, the great Comforter the Holy Spirit. Jesus said, "I am leaving you with a gift -- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid.”. Jesus is the absolute perfect gift given to us and all we have to do is accept him. There is no requirements, limitations, amount or expiration on that gift card, and most importantly, it is FREE. I think that is why I have such a love affair with gift cards it reminds me of my Father and the gift He has given me.
John14:26.But when the Father sends the Counselor as my representative -- and by the Counselor I mean the Holy Spirit -- he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I myself have told you.
27."I am leaving you with a gift -- peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid.


2 Love your comments:

Rachel @ Finding Joy

Wonderful post. I love how you linked giftcards with the ultimate giftcard...Jesus.

Blessings,
Rachel

Artistic Housewife

i too am a big fan of the gift card. you perfectly described the process of spending one of these little treasures.

Post a Comment