CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 22, 2010

I'll Pray

I have to admit I was one of those people that say, “I'll pray for you” and I thought about it at the moment but honestly, I usually didn’t think of it again. It was just something I said to make me/them feel better. Funny how you don’t know the impact of your words or the true meaning and you take a simple statement like “I’ll pray for you” for granted. I think I arrange words in my head to have a different meaning so that I feel good when I say them. On the other hand, maybe it has just become such a popular thing to say to one another and I don’t want to be secluded from my peers. Of course, everything changed for me when I became one of those people that really needed people to pray for me. My words slapped me in the face or should I say my words have convicted me of my sin. After all prayer is just a conversation with God and conversation is just talk, and talk is what I do most of all! I talk to everyone and anyone, and sometimes I talk to myself so much I wish I could tell myself to be quite. So why in all my talking did I not take time to talk to God about somebody else as I said I would? So I changed all that, about five years ago, with my new and improved prayer plan. When someone is in distress or needs immediate prayer I only say I prayed for you if I did it, and when I tell someone I will keep you in my prayers I only say it if I mean it. That means I put that person’s name on a piece of paper and put it on my refrigerator to remind me to pray for them. I would like to tell them I will talk to God about you but that sounds a little cRaZy. Jesus gave us a perfect example of how to pray He said it simply and beautifully so I follow His guide. I will praise God, thank God, ask God and that is all simply talking to God. Most importantly, when I say, “I’ll pray” I will!



0 Love your comments:

Post a Comment