CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Waiting...Really???

I have to admit I am not good at waiting. It brings to my mind so many negative images.





The definition of Waiting noun- the act of waiting (remaining inactive in one place while expecting something)



To be truthful at times I get bored, weary, and discouraged and depression starts to creep in while I am waiting. I have never thought it was a very good word and I wondered why it is used so many times in the bible. So I looked up the word again.



Waiting adjective- being and remaining ready and available for use  


Waiting is an active word! It requires us to be deeply engaged and present. Waiting on the Lord is listening; we are actively pursuing Him with anticipation. God does not want us to mope as we wait; He wants us to wait with excitement! He wants our mind to be actively focused on His goodness. Then we will have new strength and courage to walk, run, and soar through all of our trials. So today, I am going to go and wait on the Lord.

They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.—Isaiah 40:31



1 Love your comments:

Grandmabeckyl.blogspot

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I just had to comment on this post about patience. I assist my hubby in teaching 2nd and 3rd graders at church. The month's virtue is patience! Lesson was about Jacob and Esau and how Esau gave up his birthright for something that filled his stomach? Didn't think too well on that one. It's part of life and we need to learn patience and wait for it (whatever it is!) Take care!

Post a Comment