CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Amazing Love Amazing Grace

The history of this cross: In 1782, Father Junipero Serra founded the San Buenaventura Mission. Soon after, a large wooden cross was placed on a neighboring hillside as a guidepost for travelers. Over the years, the original cross and a series of replacements were lost to the elements, but locals never gave up. The current cross has stood atop its circular stone pedestal since 1941.

When I first saw this, I have to tell you it took my breath away. The old wooden cross with the beautiful blue ocean as it back drop. How awesome it was that I just happen to be here during the Lenten season. The time set aside for reflection on Christ life, death and resurrection. My heart was reminded what Christ did for me on the cross, took all my pain all my sin he suffered it all for me. I know that He is alive and I am, redeemed, saved, and most of all loved. Don't you just love how much God REALLY love us! After all, He loved us even before we love Him. Amazing Love... Amazing Grace...

0 Love your comments:

Post a Comment