I wasn’t going to write a food post this time, I had a different one all planned out but… I found out today my favorite little Bakerella has a book coming out on September 8th. Maybe you have never heard of Bakerella and all of her yummy creations, but she is the creator of “Cake Pops” Her logo is “sweet inspiration & fun baking ideas” and it is so true!
She also makes Cake Balls, look at these Red Velvet ones and the recipe
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)
I also only melt a few pieces of chocolate bark at a time because it starts to cool and thicken. It’s easier to work with when it’s hot.